- Cystic acne is an inflammatory acne and it occurs as a result of the body responding to something going on with the body. Cystic acne spring up when skin pores get clogged with excess dead skin cells and oil. This clogging of the pores gives room for bacteria to grow and the body responds by using white blood cells to fight these bacteria. This results in inflammation under the skin surface.
- Cystic acne is more of the result of rupturing inflamed pores. When you rupture an inflamed pore, bacteria get released which causes the inflammation to spread to a wider area. Therefore, you should never pop or pick at the affected area.
- Cysts are usually in existence for much longer before the symptoms become obvious. Cystic acne starts forming underneath the skin several days before it shows on the surface of the skin.
- Contrary to popular opinion, cystic acne is not caused by chocolate or greasy foods. Although what we eat us important but we cannot exactly blame a particular food for causing cystic acne. We can only point to some foods that we should not eat during acne treatment.
- A lot of doctors usually recommend going to see a dermatologist in-house for cystic acne treatment because most times, topical treatments do not work like they are supposed to. But if a cystic acne patient consults with a dermatologist, they will be able to get a much more effective treatment that will work without side effects.
error: Content is protected !!